Innovating and investing in organizations improving the health of communities
What You Need To Know
The application period is now closed. All applicants will be notified by August 3, 2019.
The 2019 EmPOWERED to Serve Business Accelerator™ unlocks and propels innovation for social enterprises improving the social determinants of health*. Health inequities that exist from one zip code to another should not be the norm and we are confident that collectively we can do something about it. By removing barriers to health in communities, we can ensure equity for all. Increased grant amount of $50k for 1st and $20k for 2nd!
Equity for all is…
- Customer Discovery and Market Insights
- Brand Experience and Market Positioning
- Product and Service Design Iteration
- Brand Messaging and Storytelling
The top performing teams will be invited to share their business story at the EmPOWERED to Serve Business Accelerator™ finale, an event that brings together entrepreneurs, investors, and community leaders to foster innovation and unlock new opportunities in health equity. These power players are eager to learn more about your business and are ready to open up their vast networks to help you.
Finalists will receive:
- Access to the vast American Heart Association’s EmPOWERED to Serve™ network and events.
- Exposure on the American Heart Association’s Community Innovation Exchange, a powerful pipeline for fostering growth and connections to social enterprises and community leaders across the country.
- Ongoing connections to industry-specific opportunities.
- Finally and most importantly, the top finalist will receive a $50,000 grant and second place will receive $20,000 to help fund their project to further change in their community.
* Conditions in the places where people live, learn, work, and play affect a wide range of health risks and outcomes.